FLOW IN WORSHIP
At Impact Nation, we pray that the ministry will facilitate your growth in the following 5
areas in order that you might assist in helping us fulfill our mission and mandate.
1. Magnifying Jesus in worship - The word magnify means to increase in significance
(importance). (Psalm 34:3) As we magnify the Lord together and go into worship,
Jesus must become the preeminent focus. Your relationship with Him must be pure
to get to this place. It is our desire that your worship will begin to move you into a
deeper and more intimate experience with the Lord.
WHAT IS WORSHIP?
• Worship is the act of showing reverence.
• Worship is the purest form of adoration you can offer God. It is initiated in
us through the Holy Spirit causing us to completely trust and submit
ourselves to the Lord.
The bible instructs us to “worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness” and it also says
that “all the earth shall worship Him”. John 4:20-24 says, “… worship him in spirit and
in truth”. We will strive for you to allow your spirit to be open to God's word (which is
truth) that it may deem you as a true worshipper. True worship comes from a true
relationship with God. Staying connected and flowing with God will grow you into that
true relationship with the Father.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT THAT WE BECOME WORSHIPPERS?
1) The Father seeks for us…(John 4:23)
2) It gets you into an intimate place with God where he can hear you and
reveal Himself to you. (John 9:31)
3) You were created to worship him. Thou shalt worship no other gods and
shall serve him only.
4) Worship gives glory to God with the aid of the Holy Spirit.
2. Sharing Jesus in Fellowshipping – “Sharing things in common with others.”
Fellowship has a distinct spiritual meaning. Fellowship can be either positive or
♦ Positively, believers have fellowship with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (John 17:21-26; Phil. 2:1; 1 John 1:3), as well as with other believers (Acts 2:42; 1 John 1:3,7). The only reason why we dare to have fellowship with God, in the sense of sharing things in common with Him, is that He has raised our status through the death and resurrection of Christ (Ephesians 2:4-7). What believers share in common with God is a relationship as well as God's own holy character (1 Peter 1:15). Those who have fellowship with Christ should enjoy fellowship with other believers, a communion that ought to illustrate the very nature of God Himself (John 13:35; Ephesians 5:1-2; 1 John 1:5-10).
♦ Negatively, believers should not have fellowship with unbelievers. This means they should not share in unbelievers' sinful lifestyles (2 Corinthians 6:14-18). This does not mean, however, that believers should have nothing to do with unbelievers. The bible plainly teaches that believers are obligated to help unbelievers and share the gospel with them (Matthew 28:16-20; Mark 16:15-16; 1 Corinthians 9: 16-17).
3. Learning Jesus in your Discipleship - Discipleship is adherence to a teacher's
True discipleship consists of following Jesus (Ephesians 5:2) and being
conformed to His image (Rom. 8:29). A good test for growth in discipleship can
be measured by:
• Obedience - John 14:15
• Perseverance - the ability to keep pressing when sometimes it may get
uncomfortable. Be steadfast, unmovable always abounding in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior (I Corinthians 15:58). Discipleship can warrant great rewards.
• Acknowledgement by Christ (Matthew 13:50)
• Honor by the Father (John 12:26)
The real essence of discipleship is in the making of other disciples. Immediately and
clearly, we learn something every Christian must realize: if we are not fishing, we are
• When the Lord Jesus called the first disciples, the first promise He made was, “Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men” (Mark 1:16-17).
4. Expressing Jesus in our Ministering- Ministering and service are important to our
witness for Jesus Christ. It is in our ministering that we exemplify the love, share the
gospel message, and change lives through the power of Christ to every man. Here
at Impact, ministry is defined as “identifying and meeting a specific need”. We
understand that our world needs people like us; those who will make all effort to
touch them with glorious love and light of God.
o PASSION- your desire, zeal, and excitement to serve others
o PURPOSE- a focus and willingness to fulfill what God has commanded
you to do to reach others
o PARTICIPATION- your passion and purpose will cause you to GET
INVOLVED with the lives of people through the ministries of the local
assembly and abroad.
By expressing Christ in your daily efforts to touch the world, you will be an effective
ministering vessel to the Glory of God!
5. Spreading Jesus in our Evangelizing
"To evangelize" is to proclaim the good news of the victory of God's salvation. You are
Christ’s witness! It is important that you spread what you have witnessed him do in
your life as a believer. Just as Jesus himself proclaimed the good news, he also
empowers us to do greater works. (Matthew 28:19-20).
KEYS TO A SUCCESSFUL WITNESS:
• Empowered by the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8)
• Bears good fruit
• Being living epistle
• Not causing others to stumble
• Be a doer of the Word
• Letting our light shine
The Book of Acts is a good example of evangelism as it pertains to growing the
church (body of believers). Anyone who has received, believed, and experienced
the salvation blessings of the good news is qualified to proclaim it.